Hi!
    I am new to Android, so please excuse any dumb questions.

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (with Android 4.4.2) in France, where it comes without a Notification LED.
    I still find that hard to believe, but it is too late now...

So I am looking for some way of knowing, as I walk past my phone on my desk, whether or not I have unread messages or missed calls.
    At the moment, I need to actually stop & pick the phone up every time & check whether it vibrates or not, then unlock it etc etc (hard to believe...).

I asked Samsung Customer Support, who had no suggestions, except to activate repeating the notification sound every 2 minutes or 10 minutes.
    That solution doesn't seem to work, but it is not what I am looking for anyway.

I thought I had found the perfect solution when I discovered NoLED app.
    (Can't post links yet...)
    This should show an icon or dot on the screen when there has been a call or message & it should be possible to save battery life by using short flashes etc etc.

After installing it, I had an incoming call & sure enough a nice dot appeared & shifted round the screen to avoid burning the AMOLED.
    But after 59 seconds, the dot dimmed & disappeared for good!
    Actually, if I pick up the phone, it vibrates & the dot lights up again, but only for another 59 seconds.

I found this site dealing with NoLED:
    (Can't post links yet...)
    But it seems like development & support has stopped?

So:
    1. Should I be able to get NoLED working on my S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2?
    2. Is there any other way of having a visual reminder of missed calls or unread messages?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    11-22-2014 09:25 AM
    1. Should I be able to get NoLED working on my S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2?
    2. Is there any other way of having a visual reminder of missed calls or unread messages?
    Can't answer #1, and can only give a partial answer for #2, because notifications are sort of a pain for me. They can wait until when ever I decide to check. Still, in other forums I have noticed alot of discussion about something that maybe would be of interest. It's call'd BLN (may stand for Backing Light Notification), and a free version is available here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rol.free&hl=en
    11-24-2014 12:09 PM
    Thanks for that suggestion!

In the meantime, I found & installed "LED Blinker Lite" which uses the screen like NoLED but does actually seem to work on my device.

I will try it for a few days to make sure, before testing anything else.

Thanks again!
    11-24-2014 02:04 PM
    Thanks for that suggestion!

In the meantime, I found & installed "LED Blinker Lite" which uses the screen like NoLED but does actually seem to work on my device.

I will try it for a few days to make sure, before testing anything else.

Thanks again!
    Or you can use your menu and back button so fade in and out if you got a text or something.
    11-24-2014 03:31 PM
    Check app Smart Notify with notification sound in selected intervals, eg.first in 30 seconds after missed call or SMS and then every minute, I think that sound is better than any LED.

link
    12-18-2014 03:46 PM
    I am now quite satisfied with "LED Blinker Lite" which gives me a visual indication as I wander past my phone on my desk.

Thanks for the other suggestions!
    12-18-2014 04:08 PM
    I have a RAZR maxx, and with the small notification led, I was dissatisfied with how often I remained unaware of missed calls and new voicemails. So for missed calls I decided to program a "smart action" to change the display background from my normal black to a bright colorful picture. Also, for the Voicemail issue, by default the Verizon Voicemail app was not set up to show notifications and before I found where to set it up, I found a great third party visual Voicemail app that I've been using. PF Voicemail + by PhoneFusion. Free. No popup ads. No time limit for keeping old messages, and the best part, it identifies callers (missed call list only as far as I can tell) by name or business name from listed numbers if they're not on your contact list. Oh, and notifications, of course.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-18-2014 05:41 PM
    I've installed the LED blinker notification app on my s4 mini also. it seems to do a reasonable job.
    it does have a couple of bugs which I've submitted to the app author, including my suggestions for some improvements.
    04-28-2016 01:14 AM