Anyone have any idea how to help?

lostboycot

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Had my phone rooted for a good 2/3 month and all was going well, it was only until i then tried to update and Samsung said my phone had been modified so i could not longer go through with the update. So i factory reset my whole phone and lost everything for the new 4.4.2 update. After all hell started to break loose, Every time i try to click on the WiFi it shimmers Green and then doesn't come on so i have no WiFi, also every time i try to go on the settings it comes up "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." Which means i can also no longer have a security setting anymore. (Pin, Pattern, or Password.) And last but not least now my phone won't even connect to my computer!

Any reply would be useful. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Had my phone rooted for a good 2/3 month and all was going well, it was only until i then tried to update and Samsung said my phone had been modified so i could not longer go through with the update. So i factory reset my whole phone and lost everything for the new 4.4.2 update. After all hell started to break loose, Every time i try to click on the WiFi it shimmers Green and then doesn't come on so i have no WiFi, also every time i try to go on the settings it comes up "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." Which means i can also no longer have a security setting anymore. (Pin, Pattern, or Password.) And last but not least now my phone won't even connect to my computer!

Any reply would be useful. :)
Have you performed a factory reset since updating the device to 4.4.2? If not, go into system settings > security > factory reset. Note that you will lose your data, so backup accordingly before performing the factory reset.

Get the device setup and try connecting again. Let us know how it goes.