Hi guys!!!

Anyone here can help me?

I've got a S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 installed from Samsung. Then I rooted the phone and now I'm getting that 'classic' message tellng me that I cannot update it anymore ("Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available").

Actually I'm not looking into a fix for this problem. I would like to know if there is any 3rd party app that checks my Android version and verifies if Samsung has launched a new version of it. In case there is a new version, I would like to know how can I install it into my device.

I won't try to fix that error mentioned above. I just would like to contour the situation manually. Is there any way to do that?

Thank you!!!
    12-03-2014 05:54 AM
    Two of the first things the update checks for is a stock ROM and root. If the ROM isn't stock, or there are any signs that the phone has ever been rooted, the update stops (because updating it could hard brick the phone).

How do you fix it? You unroot and try an update. If you still get the error, flash the stock ROM back (see SamMobile Firmwares), update and root again. The update you flash manually is the same one you get over the air - it does the same checking.
    12-04-2014 02:15 AM