Since an update was received the other day the status bar containing Power Level, Signal Strength, Clock etc hides itself away. Now I need to swipe to bring it down to read it.

Can I make it stay visible all the time?
    12-03-2014 10:17 AM
    You're not running an alternate 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher or GO Launcher, are you?
    12-04-2014 12:38 AM
    You're not running an alternate 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher or GO Launcher, are you?
    Thanks for your reply.

Not sure what you mean by "launcher". I simply switch my phone on and use the standard internet thingy which came with the phone as standard.

I just tried using Firefox and the Status Bar doesnt hide.

Could this be a Settings issue? If so, which specific setting should be changed?

Thanks again for your reply.
    12-04-2014 01:07 AM
    The launcher is the main homescreen interface. You can install 3rd party launchers like Nova Launcher to give you more flexibility and control over how the overall homescreen interface appears. But if you haven't done anything to the phone, and if you got it new, then you have the original Samsung launcher (called TouchWiz).

I don't have an S4, so unfortunately I can't dig through the settings. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.
    stuwoolf likes this.
    12-04-2014 02:40 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

Not sure what you mean by "launcher". I simply switch my phone on and use the standard internet thingy which came with the phone as standard.

I just tried using Firefox and the Status Bar doesnt hide.

Could this be a Settings issue? If so, which specific setting should be changed?

Thanks again for your reply.
    You have full screen mode turned on in your Internet settings. Switch it off if that's not what you want

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy and stuwoolf like this.
    12-04-2014 08:30 PM
    You have full screen mode turned on in your Internet settings. Switch it off if that's not what you want

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanks.

That was exactly the problem. It seems the update I recently received made this change. I do wish such things would only update the bits the update is updating! It probably cant........

Thanks again for helping me and thanks also to the others who offered help too.

Grateful.

Stuart
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-05-2014 01:05 AM