s4 mini after recent samsung update now wifi wont turn on and radio doesn't work.

pentaxboyo

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys
I'm not tech savvy but know enough to think Samsung are taking the ****. I'm a uk user on giffgaff.
I bought a used s4mini coloured orange (very nice) in mint condition from Game with 12 month warranty.
It wasn't locked like they'd told me it was so I just put my sim in and way to go I was up and running
with no problems at all the phone was brilliant a jump from the galaxy ace proved that. Ok I'll keep it short downloaded latest samsung update
and hey presto no wifi and radio stopped working. After toing and froing with samsung and emails and phone going back waffled on about knox counter this and that. So won't repair my phone as OOW because it was rooted. Now I haven't rooted my phone (wouldn't know where to start) and I'd be very surprised if Game sold me a rooted phone as they use CheckMend who check if stolen etc. I'm not bothered about the warranty etc it's the principle that my phone was working perfectly well until Samsung updated my phone without asking me as it was set to auto update (they also recommend this). So this is my argument with them is that their software stopped my phone from working. Apparently the knox box been ticked just tells the engineer OOW and it is rooted. Now I don't believe that. Or do I contact Game and ask them would you knowingly sell me a phone that has been rooted(if it had). Any suggestions would be great. I can still use the phone as a phone but no wifi makes it useless to me as I was using it for my OU degree. Thanks guys

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if you're in the UK, so check the law there, it might be different than it is in the US, but here if someone damages your property, the have the legal liability to fix or replace it. (And usually, it doesn't pay for a company to defend a case that's about a couple of hundred pounds or dollars - it would cost them more to win the case than to replace your phone.)

If you got the phone with Knox at 0x1, your beef is with the people who sold it to you, because Knox should be at 0x0. 0x1 means that someone did something they shouldn't have to the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy