I got a new S4 mini just yesterday, it runs 4.2.2, it happens to overheat while it is charging and also while i'm using it for simple things as whatsapp or facebook. The battery drained in about 3 or 4 hours, i had the GPS off, data off, sync off, screen is on low brightness. Now i'm charging it and it charges too slow. I would like to know if there is something i can do, or if i should just send it to warranty. Please help me, i'm very dissappointed since i just have had it for 1 day and i barely used it
    01-11-2015 12:05 PM
    New phone + problem = have it replaced.

Don't waste your time fixing other people's problems. If it's a couple of days old, they should give you a new one out of the box. (Unless the carrier has no brick and mortar store, just bring it in. The big 4 have stock, and will replace it in the store.)

Is there something you can do? There's a short in the phone somewhere. You can take it apart - at which point you've voided the warranty and any problems after that are your responsibility. Even the store won't do that. They'll ship it back to where it came from (factory or distributor, depending on how large a company we're talking about) for full credit on the next one. (I owned cellphone stores, and that's what I did. If it took more than 30 seconds to fix a new phone, I'd replace it. It cost me nothing. Time cost me money.)
    01-11-2015 12:25 PM
    Thanks very much for your answer. I will give it another try, if it doesn't improve i'm definetely having it replaced, i've been reading around the forum and many people had similar issues, but all of them after using the divice for a while, not after a couple days like me.
    01-11-2015 12:49 PM