Hi all,
    I'm trying to clear some space on my phone so that i can add some more music but there isn't much space on my SD card. When i connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini to my computer and open it in Windows explorer (I've already done this to transfer over some photos) it shows me available space on the phone and on the card. The card says its got 1.67GB free of 7.4GB, which doesn't seem like much. When i look at the files and folders in the card there is one called "HTCSync_3.0.5439.exe" which is 62,204 KB so I'm guessing that's my problem! My question is, am I right in thinking that this is some sort of leftover from my old HTC desire which I can safely delete???
    All thoughts gratefully received,
    01-12-2015 12:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You're saying that the external microSD card used to be in the old HTC desire? If that file is on the external microSD card, then yes, you can delete it.
    kit-e-kate likes this.
    01-12-2015 12:33 PM
    Well, sort of. It's the file you should have installed on your Windows computer to sync the HTC phone with the computer - it shouldn't be on the phone at all. (To Android, an exe file is just a file of unknown type. To Windows, it's a program.) Delete it.

Samsung makes a similar program, Kies, but unless you like extreme pain, don't bother. Copying the files with a shovel and wheelbarrow would be easier, copying them by hand (the same way you drag&drop any files from point A to point B) isn't much work, and it makes sure that all the files, and only the files, you want synced are. No software can read your mind, but you do it all the time..

Drat. B. Diddy beat me this time.
    B. Diddy and kit-e-kate like this.
    01-12-2015 12:33 PM
    Thanks! That's very helpful! ; )
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-12-2015 12:42 PM
    Thanks! That's a great explanation. Much clearer now. : )
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-12-2015 12:43 PM
    There's no point in backing up the HTC Sync exe file, because it's not necessary. You'd be able to download it again from the HTC website anyway.
    01-12-2015 11:12 PM