I have a history of dropping phones in the toilet so I've been extra careful with my S4 mini (which I dearly love) around water.

The dog water bowl was empty....so I filled it. The phone was in my shirt pocket. Well, it slipped out, fell on the floor and bounced into the water bowl. I quickly pulled it out and it was still on. Took it out of its Incipio case and saw very little water inside the case. Opened the phone and found very little water. Started checking all the functions and everything appeared to work fine. But when I plugged an earpiece in the phone shut down. I dried, cursed and worried for an hour of so and all of a sudden a screen came up saying it was downloading a factory reset. This went on so long that I decided nothing was actually happening. I took the battery out, put it back in and turned the phone on. It powered up just fine. All functions are normal. All apps, emails, texts are there. The moisture indicator on the battery is pink, which I assume means it sensed moisture, which is to be expected.

This really has amazed me. No matter how good the case, water surely entered the earphone jack and USB port. I'm amazed and thankful. This is one tough little phone!!
    01-14-2015 11:50 PM
    I've saved phones from toilet bowls too - even unflushed ones. (We bought medical gloves by the box in my stores - used 2 pairs at a time - and had "fishmonger's gloves" shoulder-length rubber gloves to put on over them.) If you catch the phone in time ... well, read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!
    01-14-2015 11:57 PM