Hi guys

I posted this on another forum with no response, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out or give me some advice? Thanks

I have a rooted Samsung S4 Mini GT-i9190 and I've been researching a while now about rooting/flashing/backup and I almost have enough courage to flash my first custom rom (CM 10.2)

So first of I'm really scared to flash the rom as I dont want to mess up my phone as I need it for work as I am on call most of the time, so I cant afford to lose my phone.

Second I just want to find out if CM 10.2 is reliable in terms of phone calls ie not cancelling calls by itself or diverting or whatever if you know what I mean?

Thirdly, I want to know if I have backup everything correctly.

I did the Nandroid backup, the file size is around 3gb. Only thing that concerns me is when the backup was almost finished it said "couldnt find android_secure. Skipping backup of apps of internal storage" or something in that line.

Then I also used Wanam EFS IMEI Partitions app to backup my EFS/IMEI.

Then Im gonna use Titanium Backup just to backup the main apps like the Wanam app etc

So I just want to confirm if everything is okay to proceed with flashing? Like I said Im quite afraid to do this, even though I have done research but please chime in if you feel the need to.

Thanks
    01-16-2015 03:52 AM
    Hello jnvdho6,

I too have 9190, rooted, CM-12 (5.0.2 Lollipop), and it is wonderful! But flashing can be dangerous; you are wise to be cautious.

The crucial developer who compiled CM-10.2 through 12 for our device is arco68. So I have follow'd his advice and steps to install ClockWorkMod Recovery using Odin, and then used CWM to: (1) obtain root access by flashing RootKit_v1.zip, (2) store a flashable back-up on SDHC memory card, and finally (3) install CM.

I have never seen the warning you saw regarding android_secure. All I can tell you is that there is a file call'd .android_secure (dot in front, so 'hidden/system' file?) on the root of my 32gig SD card. It shows as being zero bites. (Empty?) And it's dated 12/31/69 07:00 PM. (Strange.) Also, are you certain that the warning about skipping apps was in regard to internal memory? Back-up should skip external memory.

Here's where you can find good postings from arco68:

Galaxy S 4 Mini Original Android Development - XDA Forums
    01-17-2015 09:38 PM
    ...I have never seen the warning you saw regarding android_secure...
    After paying more careful attention while creating a back-up today, I did indeed see the warning you're asking about re android_secure, but with external instead of internal. Since I've been able to restore my S4 Mini to previous states (including all the way back to Jelly Bean), I can now say: "Don't worry about that warning."
    01-24-2015 04:30 PM