Hi,

I dropped my S4 mini in the water for a few seconds and dried it by putting inside a bowl of rice for 2 days. The battery gets wet as well and seems to be damaged, but the phone is able to be on after inserted my mpj backup battery. Is there any way to fix the wet battery or should I just dump the original battery?

Thanks!
    03-06-2015 11:19 PM
    I dropped my S4 mini in the water for a few seconds and dried it by putting inside a bowl of rice for 2 days.
    Mistakes 1 and 2.

The battery gets wet as well and seems to be damaged, but the phone is able to be on after inserted my mpj backup battery. Is there any way to fix the wet battery or should I just dump the original battery?
    By now - dump the phone. Or use it until it dies. It's going to. Read
    Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! Pulling the battery out is the first thing to do - IMMEDIATELY - not 5 seconds later. If you break the back cover tearing it off it costs a few dollars to replace it. If you leave the battery in the phone too long it costs a few hundred dollars to replace the phone. Your choice. (Unless you have insurance that covers water damage, because that's what your phone is - water damaged.)
    03-06-2015 11:33 PM