How can I extent the display time on my Samsung S4 Mini?

A

AC Question

Samsung S4 Mini - Settings - My Device - Display - Screen Timeout query

I have learnt this is where you can extend the display time from 15 seconds to longer as required but I have found when I set this, at some point the phone defaults back to 15 seconds again and I can't work out why - all other settings seem to stay as I've selected except for this one!

Please can anyone help or advise how I can make the default longer..

Cheers!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung S4 Mini - Settings - My Device - Display - Screen Timeout query

Welcome to Android Central.

My guess :

b1c4bc24136a33d825c1ecfabb20c2f6.jpg

Naomi Rogalska

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi Madd54 (I don't know how to reply direct to your answer..??)

- I assume this 'screen shot' is how I SHOULD set my phone to enable longer Screen Timeout period?? Just one thing, 'Turn off Haptic feedback' doesn't appear as an option on my phone?? Will that make a difference to your suggestion?

Naomi Rogalska

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi Madd54 (I don't know how to reply direct to your answer..??)

- I assume this 'screen shot' is how I SHOULD set my phone to enable longer Screen Timeout period?? Just one thing, 'Turn off Haptic feedback' doesn't appear as an option on my phone?? Will that make a difference to your suggestion? Or are you saying these settings are causing my phone to revert to the 15 second timeout? If so these weren't set like this as far as I know..

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi. Thanks for registering, it's the only way to continue in the thread.

I have a Note 3 which has a similar Touchwiz menu layout, just a few extra features. I was trying to remember what would cause this, that was my first shot while travelling. I will try to come back again after I search some more.

The same setting for screen timeout length is replicated in my Accessibility settings, but if I change it to a minute in Display it also changes in Accessibility.

If I press/hold the Power Saving toggle I get a further 3 options as above, so I was assuming if you leave Power Saving off (even if you don't have the extra options above) your timeout setting may not change back.

15 seconds is very annoyingly short, I tried it recently. You may have an app that is causing that also. Back shortly.

---------
On Edit -
A few culprit apps, but not a solution:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=434171
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=343109

(^^ 1st link corrected )

Last edited:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

I have an app named Screen Timeout made by Backstroke Labs that I use to cycle through different time out settings. Just a tap or two to set it to your desired duration based on what you are doing.

Sebastian47

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

Greetings!

1. Open settings (Screenshot_2015-04-15-19-20-50.jpg)
2. Find DISPLAY and open it (Screenshot_2015-04-15-19-21-49.jpg)
3. Go to SCREEN TIMEOUT and edit it (Screenshot_2015-04-15-19-22-31.jpg)

Sebastian^