Anybody here who already installed lollipop on the S4 Mini.. so how is performance in comparison to Kitkat.. any slow down / lag because the Mini has less ram then the regular S4?

Also, I have model GT-I9195DKVPHN.. where can i download lollipop firmware for it as they haven't rolled it out over here?

I looked on sammobile for firmware but my model is not in the list i think.

I live in Belgium so i don't know if installing firmware from a different country will give me problems.
    05-24-2015 06:16 PM
    An official version for Lollipop hasn't been released yet. I found a custom ROM from the S5 mini but it requires rooting which I'm bot willing to do. I do have the non-offical version downloaded
    05-24-2015 07:25 PM
    Lollipop runs smooth as butter on my S4mini GT-I9190, thanks to CyanogenMod dev arco68 nightly builds based on AOSP. No problem with RAM. Battery life is amazing. Glitches are minor.

I have read that the plan'd official LP release for S4mini's has been scrap'd. There's a petition begging Samsung to reconsider. Meanwhile, here's where you can start the learning process for joining the CM party:

[GT-I9190/I9195][ROM][Official][5.1.1] Cyano… | Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini | XDA Forums
    05-24-2015 08:55 PM
    Lollipop runs smooth as butter on my S4mini GT-I9190, thanks to CyanogenMod dev arco68 nightly builds based on AOSP. No problem with RAM. Battery life is amazing. Glitches are minor.

I have read that the plan'd official LP release for S4mini's has been scrap'd. There's a petition begging Samsung to reconsider. Meanwhile, here's where you can start the learning process for joining the CM party
    If you install cyanogenmod, does this also mean you lose all of touchwiz? I know most hate touchwiz, but it actually looks good on the regular S4 with lollipop and adds functionality that is specific to Samsung devices.. so will i lose all of that?

Also, i think lollipop HAS been released for S4 Mini.. if you goto sammobile site and search for firmware for the Mini, you will find 5.x.. just don't know which one to get.
    05-25-2015 12:31 AM
    If you install cyanogenmod, does this also mean you lose all of touchwiz? I know most hate touchwiz, but it actually looks good on the regular S4 with lollipop and adds functionality that is specific to Samsung devices.. so will i lose all of that?
    Yes, TouchWiz is proprietary to Samsung.

...i think lollipop HAS been released for S4 Mini.. if you goto sammobile site and search for firmware for the Mini, you will find 5.x.. just don't know which one to get.
    You'd need to get one that works with your model 9195. They're listed here:

Firmware for Samsung GT-I9195 - SamMobile
    05-25-2015 02:06 PM
    As you can see in the SamMobile list for 9195, there's no Lollipop available. Same for my 9190. The petition to Samsung has been available for signing less than a week now, and already has over 1,000 signatures (including mine). You can read the petition and add your "signature" here:

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-upd...d-5-0-lollipop
    05-26-2015 06:23 PM
    An official version for Lollipop hasn't been released yet. I found a custom ROM from the S5 mini but it requires rooting which I'm bot willing to do. I do have the non-offical version downloaded
    What do you mean with "non-official".. do you cyanogenmod?
    06-13-2015 05:05 PM
    Me too! Thanks for the article link anyway, it gives us hope.
    You're welcome.. but if you have cyanogenmod, why do you still want the lollipop update from Samsung? Are there certain features Cyanogenmod does not have that are in the official Samsung lollipop?

And still no news about a lollipop release for S4 Mini.. i'm afraid it's just not gonna happen.. the petition only needs a few more signatures but what difference can it really make in all honesty.. does Samsung care about that??
    06-13-2015 05:42 PM
    Yes a CyanogenMod release and also an image from a S5 mini downgrade to S4 mini. I can search for the links and post them if you want, but I personally don't recommend it.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk
    06-13-2015 07:51 PM
    ...if you have cyanogenmod, why do you still want the lollipop update from Samsung?
    Because it will probably contain new/better drivers that can be used by arco68, the CM dev for our devices.

...Are there certain features Cyanogenmod does not have that are in the official Samsung lollipop?
    Yes, lots. But, none of interest to me. On the other hand, there are features of CM that are not in Samsung. Many of those ARE of interest to me. For example, Privacy Guard (AKA: "App Ops") allows me to set privacy and security options for each individual app.

...signatures...does Samsung care about that??
    We'll see.
    06-14-2015 11:39 AM
    But are there any signs at all Samsung would still release lollipop for S4 Mini.. most sites say it's "cancelled" expect for that one link i posted above that said lollipop was "confirmed" for the Mini but that's the only source saying that. I was thinking, but who could we ask about this.. maybe certain carriers could obtain this info from Samsung? Any other ways? I'd really want to have it for my Mini and not cyanogenmod.
    06-18-2015 01:59 PM