My phone won't connect at all to any lgt networks, or 4g networks. The only thing that's there is on the very top of the screen it says I usually have 4 or 5 bar connections but when i try to send a message it either says there's no mobile connection, and I can only make emergency calls. Usually after about 20 minutes of it failing to send or sarong there's no mobile network it finally sends and I get all the texts from the other person all at once a few minutes later. How do I put it back to normal? I live in Reno Nevada where I know there is a very strong connection because my past 2 androids never had this problem.
    05-26-2015 08:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by lgt network? Who's your carrier? Are you sure your APN settings are correct? Have you contacted your carrier? You might need a new SIM.
    05-26-2015 04:23 PM
    My carrier is at&t, I meant to say LGE. What should my APN settings be?
    05-26-2015 05:03 PM
    They should be what AT&T uses (it's carrier-specific - AT&T's are at Programming non-AT&T devices with the correct APN and MMS data settings- AT&T Wireless Support click on Android Devices a few paragraphs under the second picture). But if it send sometimes, unless your APN settings are changing themselves, that's not the problem. And the APN settings have nothing to do with connecting to the network.

Bring the phone into an AT&T store and ask if they think the SIM card might be going bad. They'll probably just give you a new one to make sure. (I've never heard of them charging for one.) It could also be the SIM port in the phone getting loose. (You'd have to pay to get that fixed, unless you can fix it by putting a single piece of printer paper over the top of the sim [a small piece the size of the SIM] to put a little pressure on the port pins to make better contact.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-26-2015 05:26 PM