Flipped video on Periscope app w/ S4 Mini

chickenwarrior

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some annoying issues with my S4 Mini using Twitter's Periscope App to broadcast video.

When it's recording, the video in the viewfinder looks perfectly normal (like it does in any other camera app), but the broadcasted video is different in a few ways:

- It's flipped (mirror image) so that text/presentations are backwards.
- It's cropped/angled differently. It captures things further to the left than what I see in the viewfinder, and not things on the right of my viewfinder.

The video is like this on the live feed, in the rendered video saved by Periscope, and even as saved to the Camera Roll on my device.

It occurs with both the front and back camera. I expect the front facing camera to mirror, but not the other.

This doesn't occur while recording on any other camera app; Camera, instagram, vine, skype, Google Chat, etc. all work fine.
Anyone else experience these problems? Either on an S4 or another device running 4.2.2 or older?

Any ideas/insight appreciated.

Thanks!

cv_tech83

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a Samsung, but my LG Volt does the same thing, and its running KitKat 4.4...people that use Iphones don't have that issue.

shamal64

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello... just read and I have the same issue on my S4 Mini running 4.4.2 (so minimum version required from Periscope is ok), and I'm not finding solutions. More, when in landscape mode, the image is flipped upside down when viewed and recorded on Periscope. On my side everything seems perfectly normal. As for Chickenwarrior, all other apps using video have absolutely no problem.. If after the 4 months for the start of this thread you have found some solution please post. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22