Hi guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini running Android 4.4.2.

When I first got my phone, I removed the limit on the number of texts saved per conversation.
    Now one of my text conversations has become so long that it takes several minutes to open a new text.
    I have tried to delete the conversation by long-pressing it and selecting delete. This just crashes the phone.
    I have tried to set a limit on the number of texts per conversation. This also crashes the phone.
    I have tried to connect the phone to my laptop and delete it from there. However, I could not find the file where texts are stored.

Could anyone please tell me how to find that folder, or any other way to delete this conversation and start over?

Thanks!
    10-13-2015 05:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you don't mind losing other saved texts, go to the App Manager, select Messaging (or Messaging Storage), and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, and see if the texts are gone.
    10-13-2015 05:11 PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    I just tried to do that to my "Messages" app but it had no effect. All the texts are still there.
    I couldn't see a Messaging Storage app.
    10-13-2015 05:55 PM
    Are you able to delete individual messages in the thread? Obviously, you wouldn't do that for the whole thread, but maybe if you spent about 10 minutes deleting a bunch of the messages one by one, it might whittle it down enough so that it doesn't crash when you try to delete the whole thread.
    10-13-2015 08:39 PM