Hi everyone, I have recently had some major issues with my galaxy s4 mini its just over 2 years old. (Am due an upgrade ๐Ÿ˜…) Not sure if anyone has had similar problems but here goes:

Clock: alarm sets but fails to go off.
    Camera: when photo is taken phone switches off.
    Messages/email: take a long time to send and recieve if at all...have to constantly restart phone as a few come through each time that is done. Fails to register when texts have been read.
    Other Apps: lots of other apps fail to open/load then pop up appears to say not responding. (Or freezes mid use causing me to do a restart) mostly ones used to run the system.
    Battery: says critically low then switches off, when charger is put in and turned back on battery has got lots of charge!
    I have avast which has not flagged up a problem. It was suggested I clear the catch data from android system in app manager, but it doesn't seem to be running at all? I am only aware of 1 other person with the same issues but she thought it was a Facebook messenger virus. Lol. This is a fairly recent problem but my galaxy tab4 seems to have some of the same issues. Any help is so gratefully received.
    Many thanks, beki moonrat. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    01-18-2016 09:32 AM
    My mam had this device and had issues with it, not far from the upgrade date. Several times the phone was fully charged and it would drain dramatically within minutes of being unplugged. There were app issues delayed in receiving texts and other things.

No viruses, just seemed to give up just before it came to its 2 year stint on her contract.

She has since changed handsets, so I can't comment if it got any worse.
    01-18-2016 09:35 AM