Hey,

My Android is dead and I'm trying to save it.

I have a Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-i9192 version). The most I can get is the Samsung logo screen.

It won't charge the battery when it's shut. I tried to work with another battery (both Samsung original). Still nothing. Removed SIM Cards and Memory stick. Nothing that made a difference.

Can't go to Safe Mode no matter how much I click on the Menu button.

Recovery Mode - I get the blue screen on top left "Recovery booting..." but then it won't actually go into recovery booting, but will reboot again back to normal booting and get stuck on the Samsung logo screen.

The only thing that does sorta work is download mode, where it does responds to the Volume Up/Down options. Well, at least the Volume Down one. I didn't try the Volume up. Yet.

Not sure on the OS, but it's wasn't rooted. It's the original OS that was updated a couple of months ago.

I can say the phone does shut down when it's stuck at the Samsung logo screen. So it doesn't totally freeze.

The phone was acting funny yesterday. It froze often. Touchwiz was crashing all the time. Other apps got stuck. Figured it's time to backup and maybe go back to Factory Settings, and actually the last App I installed was .... Smart Switch.

Tried several times to connect the phone to the computer. Didn't work out. The app was running on the phone, but then at one point the screen locked (as it should) and when I tried to unlock it with the 4 digits pin it kept telling me the code is incorrect (when it for sure was). Tried to reboot and since then... it's dead.

How do I bring this baby back to life?

Thanks!
    01-18-2016 08:00 PM
    I think you are wasting time in making that alive. Just try to make a new purchase!
    01-19-2016 01:53 AM