Samsung Galaxy S4 mini unlocked from Amazon - set remote lock and wipe

jgy2001

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Purchased Samsung Galaxy S4 mini unlocked at Amazon. Will be using this with T-Mobile prepaid SIM in California. Found out its probably from UK (has daily stupid Vodafone message "Testing Just Got Better" to register with phone number for better text message at vodafone.com/messageplusphones).

Tried to registered at Samsung, but it only allow US phones purchased from American carrier. Anyone out there able to registered this kind of unlock Samsung Galaxy phone from Amazon here in the US?

I want to activate this device so that if stolen, I can initiate lock and wipe remotely.
Or, should I ignore Samsung and look for better Android app to remote lock and wipe? Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
@jgy2001 - Do you have a gmail account? Or, maybe YouTube, PlayStore, or any other Google account? If so, log into that account on a desktop, go to your Google "Dashboard" and you should be able to set up remote location and wipe from there. Also, at xda-developers.com you can lerk around and find ways to flash a different modem.

jgy2001

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I went to settings, more, security, device administrators, Android Device Manager, "\./" check marked.
Administrator active. This allow Google Play Service to perform the following operations:
Erase all data
Change the screen-lock password
Lock the screen

Now I assume the remote lock & swipe is activated. How do I verify the remote control?

Thanks Wm7Long, yes, I have Gmail account. I am on Google Dashboard. In Android Manage Active Devices, I was able to contact my device. I assume I can do ring, lock and erase from here?

At Settings, More, Security location, I found "Find My Mobile"
Remote Control "on" - but when I touch it, it says "unfortunately, Settings has stopped.
Go to website findmymobile.samsung com -- this should not work because I am unable to registered in Samsung USA.
I assume I can do nothing here?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol