2 phones broken in 2 days. Help!

AntheaBrindle

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung S4 mini which I have had for nearly 2 years. It has recently become slower but still usable. I was messaging a friend last night through Whatsap and it was fine. When I woke up this morning the phone had turned off and will not turn back on or charge up. Today I borrowed a phone from someone, also a Samsung Galazy something, to tide me over until I get an upgrade. I have inserted my sim card and was using google maps when the phone turned off and will now not turn on either or charge up just like before. Is it possible to have a virus on my SIM card that keeps killing my phones? I have used a high speed charger that came with my husband's phone (also a Samsung but a newer model) a couple of times over the past few days but both phones worked since using this. Could it have been this charger that fried the batteries? I need some advice so I don't keep braking future phones. Many thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Malware on the SIM would be highly unlikely. If you installed the same apps on the replacement phone, then perhaps one of those apps is causing the system to become unstable. Do either of the phones respond if you press and hold Power for 15-20 seconds, or if you pull the battery for 10 seconds and then reinsert it?

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
You could have a bad charger or usb cable or bad battery.. Try other chargers and or cables! If the phone is 2 years old and the battery has not been replaced that would be a suspect to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol