I have had my S4 mini for about 2.5 years now and up until a few months ago everything was going fine. One day it refused to charge, so I went and bought a new battery. That didn't help because I to charged the phone, took quite a few hours to be fully charged and it heated up quite a bit, and afterwards kept the charge like 2 hours max. So then I thought that it might be a software issue, so I flashed the latest version, but the problem still persisted. Then I tried rooting it with Cyanogenmod in a desperate last attempt at something. Still the problem persisted. Now the phone refuses to power up. When I plug it in it shows the battery with the circle in, and then switches off. When I plug it into my PC it recognizes it, loses connection and starts all over, meanwhile the screen does the same. I have always used my Samsung charger.
    Please, are there any ways I can fix my phone?
    03-31-2016 02:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I would suspect some problem with the microUSB port, since you're having issues with data connection as well. Use a can of compressed air and blow it out, or a toothpick to root around. If it's clean, you might want to consider replacing the port.
    03-31-2016 04:46 PM