I know how to turn safety assistance on and off, I'm looking at the control page right now.

But, the slider to turn it on/off is unresponsive. I don't know what it's supposed to look like, but it looks greyed out, to me.

I cannot edit the emergency message, change the tick box for emergency pictures, change the message interval, or change the contacts...

What can I do to enable this control?

My wife (it's her S4mini) has developed a tendency to send out emergency alerts by accident, and this is causing all sorts of grief.

I have to say, it's all too easy to send out these alerts when your S4mini has the flip cover and it's in your pocket... there's just the one volume control (up/down rocker) and if you grasp the phone in your pocket for three seconds, off goes the alert. I sent a couple of accidental alerts from my S4 this way. I'm glad my S7 has two volume controls, and the emergency alert function has moved to the power button... three short presses.
    10-08-2016 04:37 AM
    I know it's bad form to answer your own posts, but I've found out why the Emergency Assistance controls were disabled...

Once you've declared an emergency, the controls in the settings app get disabled until you clear the notification that gets created on your own phone.

It would be nice if the controls page was updated with a message when this happens.

In fact, I've always thought that all controls that get greyed out should come with a message describing why this has happened, but no one ever listens to me.
    10-08-2016 04:46 AM