Sometimes loud crackling noise instead of sound/music

mangrove84

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi, my S4 mini started producing loud crackling noises instead of playing music/sounds. The weird thing is that they don't appear always. E.g. when I reboot the phone the start-up music plays fine (most often) and the sounds works for a minute or two, e.g. the bing-sound when changing the volume. But then, without warning, suddenly only loud crackling noise comes from the internal speaker. Every now and then it goes away for a few seconds and works normal again, but then it returns to this terrible crackling noise.

I have already done a hard reset, which hasn't changed anything. SIM card and SD card are removed and the problem is still there.
What can I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27781

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

mangrove84

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Would this somehow impact the warranty (reinstalling the firmware)?

I can get the phone exchanged but this would take time and be somewhat complicated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey