S4 Mini suddenly died

mikerelvasr8

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My dad owns an S4 Mini for just over two years. The phone has worked fine the whole time and it has been taken good care of, but all of a sudden it died. He charged the phone completely and unplugged it from the charger before he went to bed. The next morning when he woke up the phone was no longer working, it wouldn't turn on nor would the screen turn on when being charged. What do you guys think happened to it? Is it possible and/or worth fixing or is it trashed? It is not the first S4 Mini I see doing this, but it is very strange nonetheless as it is completely random.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The first thing to try is a new or different battery. Any piece of tech can fail without warning, especially as it ages. It could be the battery, the power switch, or the motherboard.

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Long pressing (press & hold) Power button fails? If so, I'd take battery out and leave it out awhile. Charge it up full outside the phone if you have a way to do so. Then replace it and try (1) Home button, (2) Power button quick release, and (3) Power button long hold until phone (hopefully) vibrates and boots.

mikerelvasr8

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

Thanks for your help first of all. Yes, I have done all those things and it doesn't seem to affect anything. The phone is completely dead. :/

Ahmad K Mostafa

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

Thanks for your help first of all. Yes, I have done all those things and it doesn't seem to affect anything. The phone is completely dead. :/

This happened to me exactly last week
one technician said it is due to dead Power IC after checking the phone with a power supply, it did not draw any current. I do not know if that is the cause, but I have to order one and check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12