Battery Drain/Slow

BarbC

Jul 17, 2018
Visit site
S4 Mini clearly is running something (in the background, I think) that must be always "on" because it's sucking the battery down within a couple of hours, the phone is hot (not just warm, but uncomfortably hot), and slowed to a crawl. Charging is a sometimes thing--it's like being plugged in is just a holding feature for whatever is working.

When run in Safe mode, things seem just fine. Cool, fast, battery goes on for 15 hours with extremely minimal use. I've turned off lots & lots of bloatware, and I know all the tricks for conserving battery, like turning off data, location services, etc. Have Greenify installed. Those "little tricks" are not solving the problem. We are talking a major sucking noise, not sips. The apps I've installed are not energy hogs; no social media of any sort. I can list them if you think I'm missing something.

Battery monitor says Android Services is the #1 consumer, followed by Play Services.

Just pulled Google off the phone and it seems to be better.

Other suggestions? I'm having problems believing that Google proper is the issue, but maybe so. I have the correct version of Play Store for my phone.

BarbC

Jul 17, 2018
Visit site
Alright, folks, it WAS one of the apps I downloaded, it appears. AllTrails. I still have to go back through and make sure of everything, but now the screen is the top user of power, not Android Services. So, maybe problem solved, for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae