[AT&T] AT&T Has a locked bootloader?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: root?

It's not whether its locked or unlocked for me......it's about the ability to root. The boot loader unlock doesn't concern me unless root is not happening until its unlocked. Root is vital to me. The inability to completely back up and restore without root is androids biggest flaw. I shouldn't have to reenter 100 wifi passwords when I switch phones. That's system data that should be able to be saved from phone to phone. I shouldn't have to setup all my email accounts when I purchase a new phone. Those are all things you can do with root. It shouldn't be necessary to root to do those things, but it is, so I need root. I also tether my unlimited plan on the road, so I can't live without it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I have confidence root will be achieved and will happily donate to any bounty being set up for a qualified developer (team) that is skilled in cracking these bootloaders. I hope Adam Outler is going to get one or gets one from bounty/donation so we can achieve root.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I have confidence root will be achieved and will happily donate to any bounty being set up for a qualified developer (team) that is skilled in cracking these bootloaders. I hope Adam Outler is going to get one or gets one from bounty/donation so we can achieve root.

Ditto.

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I agree that this phone will be able to be rooted. Since it is one of the most sought after phones for 2013 some very smart people will be working on it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

AT&T still has plenty of time to patch that and force the update just like Verizon did on the GN2 and fix the 32GB GS4. While I am happy they found it I wished sometimes they wouldn't post it so loudly ;)