[How To] Root Galaxy S4

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on sprint and just upgraded to the s4. They updated it to KitKat. Can I still root my phone using cf auto root? I know it will trip the Knox. Just wanting to know if will root the same?

Sent from my Galaxy S4!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm on sprint and just upgraded to the s4. They updated it to KitKat. Can I still root my phone using cf auto root? I know it will trip the Knox. Just wanting to know if will root the same?

Sent from my Galaxy S4!

It should unless samsung patched the kernel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Has there been an update for rooting the latest NC5 version? I'm trying to follow on xda but I'm just lost. The s4 isn't bad when not rooted but I'm just not used to running an android device without root. The steps on xda seem French to me. I guess I need it dumbed down.

53N7 FR0M M4 S4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Has there been an update for rooting the latest NC5 version? I'm trying to follow on xda but I'm just lost. The s4 isn't bad when not rooted but I'm just not used to running an android device without root. The steps on xda seem French to me. I guess I need it dumbed down.

53N7 FR0M M4 S4

Is your boot loader locked?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi all Android fans!

We have placed an 0.9 BETA for our Facebook client (Babbler) in Android Market yesterday.

We're preparing the app for a full, official launch in the next copule of days. It would be a great asset for us, if any of You would like to give it a try, and help us with making it even better that it is now.

And feel free to send us any comments, requests for changes or additions, on Babbler's official Facebook App profile.

Thanks,
Babbler Team

I would assume so. I have done nothing at all to the device.

53N7 FR0M M4 S4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Far as I know there is no way to root the verizon model after kit kat if your still on mk2 4.3 use saferoot

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Far as I know there is no way to root the verizon model after kit kat if your still on mk2 4.3 use saferoot

There's a downgrade thread on xda. I don't have a windows laptop so I have to run parallels on my mac. This is all still French to me. So I'm talking it all very slow so I don't brick my s4.

53N7 FR0M M4 S4

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol ic is it for the verizon model? If your using the magic tool that's at&t only you will brick it as we don't have a cdma nodem.....

Garvin6600

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Sorry Noob that I am..

I followed the l8nk, Thanks btw, read the 49 pages of the post. .and still have a question..Perhaps you guys can help me. .
This link Says for Verizon. .but mentions AT&T...as well...within the post.

So simple question. MWill this work on AT ? T ?

IF NO, can you p4provide a link that Will ?

Many thanks

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Noob that I am..

I followed the l8nk, Thanks btw, read the 49 pages of the post. .and still have a question..Perhaps you guys can help me. .
This link Says for Verizon. .but mentions AT&T...as well...within the post.

So simple question. MWill this work on AT ? T ?

IF NO, can you p4provide a link that Will ?

Many thanks

No you need the deadly venom magic tool for at&t

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I try not to share links too much as people refuse to read!!! Break their stuff and blame me!!! So I say pm me for links

Sydnie Kendall

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
OK. Lots of confusion. Sat in front of computer for hours. I have Samsung Galaxy s4 on sprint . (SPH-L720). I tried once got lost and tried to start over. I look through phone and see the superuser app but no root check. ???Therefore I backed off and decided to start again tomorrow. Hoping you can tell me the proper link to follow. Below is the rest of my info thanks!!!
software version L720VPUFNAE
Hardware version L720.08
Model- SPH-L720
Android version 4.4.2
baseband L720VPUFNAE
KERNEL - 3.4.0-481102
dpi@SWDD5908 #1
Build - KOT49H.L720VPUFNAE
SE for Android enforcing
Secure boot status. Type Samsung
Security software version MDF v1.0 release 2.
I'm trying to root and get sim unlocked to use for T-Mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae