I am presently using a HTC One X , rooted, unlocked, and S-OFF, the whole thing and flashing different roms and comfortable with the out comings.
    I am considering a Galaxy S 4 after the hype of the newness wears off in a couple of months, but I was thinking of questions to this model but know its too new to be usefull.
    One question is if anyone has experience with the HTC brand and rooting, how is the Galaxy to the HTC compared to root? I have read that Samsung has less of a issue with connections to the PC as HTC does but curious there. Does the Galaxy use ADB commands like HTC for accessing the phone? Not being familiar with the removable SD card as HTC don't have them , the Galaxy has 16 Mb I think internal with more on a SD card. Can the internal memory be transfered to the SD then to the PC? I suppose is there a link to some information on this stuff? Plus, the custom roms on the Samsung, are they close to or the same as the ones developed by the devs. for the HTC One X. How difficult is it to flash a custom rom on a rooted Galaxy? Any other information on this would be usefull for me in the near future. I know little about the Samsung and Galaxy to make a real decision yet and really get off being able to swap roms around and try different things.
    05-03-2013 04:18 PM
    I had an HTC Desire, similar to Samsung with SD Card. I rooted & flashed the Desire using the SD card. I rotted my S3 easily, and now have a Galaxy S4 which I'm not rooting until the novelty of 4.2.2 wears off. In short, it' easy to flash custom ROMs on Galaxies, as easy as it was on HTC products.
    05-22-2013 05:27 PM
    It took me about 5 minutes to root, and another 2 minutes to install custom recovery.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-03-2013 11:55 PM
    With the ATT and Verizon versions, it's super simple to root. You just flash an older kernel, install super user and flash the stock kernel again. I hear there is now a one click process now. No need for ADB. Not even for the original process. The drivers are easy as well. The drivers I installed for my note 2 worked fine. No issues seeing the device on Windows 8.

I'm not sure of the ROMs. You'll have your usual AOSP.. Cm, PA, Carbon, etc.. But where you had sense ROMs, you'll now have TW.

I've had many rooted phones. Samsung, HTC, Motorola etc.. And I'd say Samsung has one of the best communities. The S4 is so popular, you'll have no lack of support. It's also the easiest phone I've ever rooted. Easier than my my nexus devices (GNex, 4, 7 and 10). You'll be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    06-05-2013 11:33 AM