I'am pretty new to this whole rooting but i did a quick DIY root with motochopper. Now that i have rooted the S4 I really don't know where to go from there. I have an icon that says "superuser" but thats it. Completely different from the jailbroken iphone. Is there a link someone can post that shows a quick guide on what to do next after rooting the s4 ex. how/where to download rome, etc..... I was expecting like a download center somewhat of a comparison to the iphone's cydia. I don't mean to bring up an apple product but i don't know what else to compare it to. Any help would be much appreciates, thanks in advance. Oh btw this is on an AT&T network if that matters.
    05-03-2013 10:28 PM
    Being this early in the ball game for the S4 you have to be patient.

First things you can enjoy stuff like using Titanium Backup or My Backup Root which will allow you to make full or individual backups of your apps & the associated data. Yes now you can save and transfer over those Angry Bird hard earned stats and other great things.. Comes in very handy when you start playing around with custom ROMs.

I know there has been some ports of Cyanogen ROM on the Sprint and T Mobile variant of the device so keep your eyes open for that.

Again its still early, give it a few days, week or so and I'm sure more stuff will start to pop up to play with and customize your device even further than stock allows and far beyond the reaches of any iPhone.
    05-03-2013 11:53 PM
    I think it has already been mentioned that folks shouldn't get crazy yet since there are no restore images.
    As the above person mentioned, Titanium Backup is a good start. You could use it to remove some bloat and/or unnecessary apps but b sure to backup the apps first.
    Beyond that, you could install an effective adblocker such as Adfree. Setcpu for throttling the cpu up or down.
    (I have it and used it to lower the max speed. I'm hoping that it might help in saving some battery juice.)
    Anyway, this is just a start.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2013 08:18 PM
    Do you have xda developers app...that app is the bomb and will tell you anything you need to know about rooting...
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-07-2013 09:01 AM
    Thanks u appreciate that, I will be downloading it asap.
    05-07-2013 10:39 PM
    Thanks u appreciate that, I will be downloading it asap.
    Check out the first link in my signature. It gives you the basics about rooting and stuff.
    05-08-2013 08:33 AM
    I'am pretty new to this whole rooting but i did a quick DIY root with motochopper. Now that i have rooted the S4 I really don't know where to go from there. I have an icon that says "superuser" but thats it. Completely different from the jailbroken iphone. Is there a link someone can post that shows a quick guide on what to do next after rooting the s4 ex. how/where to download rome, etc..... I was expecting like a download center somewhat of a comparison to the iphone's cydia. I don't mean to bring up an apple product but i don't know what else to compare it to. Any help would be much appreciates, thanks in advance. Oh btw this is on an AT&T network if that matters.
    I rooted to be able to add apps to the Samsung Multi-Window feature that are not natively coded for that feature. I rooted and installed "Multi Window Manager" from the Play Store. That's all I used it for.
    05-09-2013 11:39 AM
    Lots of iPhone users I see....
    05-13-2013 09:05 PM
    iPhone's jailbroken are one of THE BEST things EVER! I hate apple though so I switched and got myself a Galaxy S4. So worth it!!
    09-21-2013 07:51 PM