Has anyone had any luck factory resetting a rooted s4? I just need to clear all the data on the phone and make available for a new user. If i do this is there a high chance that my phone will be bricked or is it just roll of the dice?
    05-10-2013 11:35 AM
    Has anyone had any luck factory resetting a rooted s4? I just need to clear all the data on the phone and make available for a new user. If i do this is there a high chance that my phone will be bricked or is it just roll of the dice?
    Factory resetting a rooted device will not brick your phone. If anything, you lose root depending on the exploit. For most root exploits you can remove root by uninstalling the superuser.apk file and deleting the same in the system/xbin and system/bin folders. But you'll be fine with a factory reset.
    tearthesky281 likes this.
    05-10-2013 12:58 PM
    I did reset my rooted s3 and......... no problem. But, I had made the triangle away procedure to reset the counting and remove the triangle... it was necesseray to do it all again.

Conclusion:
    The phone remains rooted before the factory reset.
    It does not brick your phone.
    Yes, the flash counting starts to "tick" again and it is necessary to use the triangle way to reset it.

I want to know how to remove the root, without break the factory warranty.
    05-20-2013 03:53 PM