Hey all,

The Galaxy S4 has a major flaw that I have discovered and wondered if anyone else had noticed.

The device is so powerful that to use it and charge it at the same time you must put at least a 1Amp charger in so that it detects it as A/C charging and draws enough power.

If you connect the Samsung MHL 2.0 adapter or the new Samsung Dock to the phone, the device will only see the charger as a standard USB charger and not switch to A/C Charge mode and draw 500Ma not the full power of the charger. This means that if you use the HDMI output feature the batter will drain faster than you can charge it @ 500Ma.

The only viable solution I have seen is to apply the Fast Charge Kernel Patch so that you can toggle Fast Charge on and off manually.

Can anyone else verify this / comment / suggest solutions?

I use the S4 in my car with a Pioneer AppRadio2 and its loosing about 10% charge per hours driving, which is not viable.

Thanks!
    05-21-2013 10:56 AM
    iv been seeing the same results with the appradio 2 and both the old and new mhl adapters. Samsung told me to buy a 1.5 amp power supply from them. that didn't work either. now i'm going to read up on fast charge kernel patches. i'm not sure whats involved yet.
    08-18-2013 12:04 AM
    Hi guys,

Try to install Chronic Kernel and activate the fast charging.
    I have one issue with this : it charges at max 1A on the 2A AC charger.

So this will make the charge at 1A on the MHL and computer USB instead of 460mA or less but also at 1A on the AC charger instead of 2A...

If you Have a better solution I would appreciate

Best regards
    08-31-2013 06:31 PM