Rooting wont work on my EE Tmobile UK S4

robhargreaves

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have followed the instructions carefully to use motochopper root system. Im running windows so used the run.bat file.

First go it all appeared to work fine but after reboot tried titanium and supersu and both say they arent rooted.

Tried to install again and get message "Superuser.apk already exist" as in post by larryinfl at http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-rooting-roms-hacks/281059-can-not-root-gs4-get-message-superuser-apk-already-exist.html

In that post Darksorrow suggests to follow a link through to XDA developers forum [GUIDE] Root for Verizon Galaxy S4 ***Updated 5/23 - 4:30 PM*** - xda-developers

This says it is for Verizon root blocked phones. Mine is an EE phone Tmobile from the UK so im not too sure about using the flash files they recommend. Im happy using the ODIN system to carry out a flash but want to make sure I have the right kernels

Can anyone advise me on this so I don't brick the phone.

Thanks a lot for your help with this in advance,, Rob

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Quick question about rooting on my s4

Do NOT, under any circumstances, flash a ROM or Kernel intended for a Verizon phone on your device. You will almost certainly brick it.

robhargreaves

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Quick question about rooting on my s4 (EE UK)

Hi Meyer thanks for quick response unfortunately I said most of what I know.

Ive got a EE UK Mobile phone its the GTI9505 (4.2.2) Kernel 3.4.0-526204 se.infa@SEP-124 #1 Build JDQ39.I9505XXUAMDM

I need to root to allow Titanium backup to run, I tried Motochopper exactly as I was told on androidcentral sticky.
First time it appeared to work. Once rebooted I ran Titanium, SuperSU and Rootchecker and all 3 apps said I wasn't at Root.

I tried again with Motochopper and this time I got the same message as Mike mentions in his thread and one of the posters Darksorrow in his thread posted him to a Verizon S4 solution (perhaps that's a US provider?)

Im happy with the suggestions they give but I'm not sure about the kernels to use as my phone may be a different ROM?

Can you help me find the right ROMs to use in the procedure and point out any issues others may have had with it?
What would also be really useful is if you could recommend how to or posts on how to do a factory reboot and how to back up your ROM as is stock then restore if all goes wrong.

Thanks