[VERIZON](TOOL) I545 all-in-one root + recovery installer

bhp090808

May 27, 2013
Visit site
BHP090808 PRESENTS

I545 ALL-IN-ONE TOOL ROOT + RECOVERY INSTALLER

**READ READ READ AND READ AGAIN**
DOES NOT WORK ON NEW ME7 BUILD
This tool was created to simplify the rooting and recovery installation on this device. The rooting method used is the same method already posted in this development section. I just put all the resources into a tool and provided easy to follow instructions. The root process is not a one click. You must read instructions in tool window for each step of the rooting process. It is very straightforward and easy to follow, but you must follow the instructions exactly. Once rooting is complete all other steps are one click features including recovery installation.

Make sure you have latest samsung drivers installed. I recommend downloading Samsung Kies, It will automatically download latest drivers for you. Make sure unknown sources is checked and USB Debugging is enabled or the tool will not see your phone. As soon as you start step 1 check your phone screen. You will see a prompt to authorize your computer. Select ALWAYS ALLOW. This is the cause of the majority of errors. The Prep step (#2) removes install-recovery.sh and KNOXAgent.apk from your phone. These have been known to cause unwanted errors.

If when rebooting from recovery you are prompted with a message advising root may have been lost would you like recovery to fix it? I have always chosen NO and had no issues.

I do not offer support on either recovery or any rom you flash after this process. Check their respective threads for any and all information. Links to both recovery threads are included as options in tool.

I've included latest CWM (credit OUDHS & Shabbypenguin) and TWRP (credit Team Win). The rooting method and kernels used were provided by sextape. The step by step root process from open1your1eyes0. The motochopper exploit was created by the legendary djrbliss. Also a big thanks to djrbliss for Loki, without which none of this would be possible. Make sure to find these fine folks and give thanks, money, beer, your first born..... whatever you see fit.
I'd also like to thank niv3d, an21281, CraziiChief and all of my other testers. I'd also like to thank my wife and kids for leaving me alone while I worked on this. Mirrors are ok, just pm me the link to list in the OP.

Hope this makes someones life easier.... Have a nice day!!!!

Instructions:
Download zip file
Unzip on desktop
Connect phone with USB debugging enabled
Click RUN_ME
Pick option and go!!
Have patience it takes a few for cpu to see phone after reboots and in Odin
dont disconnect phone until process is complete

If stock start with option 1
If already rooted start with option 2 then choose recovery

Download-
I545 All-In-One Tool

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2301720

Dont forget to hit the thanks button and rate thread 5 stars:D:thumbup:
And if youd like to buy me a beer I wont complain :D:beer:

Thanks for the beer list::beer:
(Donations Received)
yamaharider
Michael Oconnell
SolemnSinner

Last edited:

RYNO13

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
When I open kies it says my phone's firmware is up to date and i have usb debugging checked but I can't get my phone rooted. Is it supposed to be connected as an "installer" or "media device?" I haven't rooted since the orig. DROID so it's been a while but I feel like I am following all the steps exactly.

analyte

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Does this tool leave the older kernel on the phone or does it flash the stock kernel back on once complete? I only see the one kernel in the zip file so I'm curious.

Thanks

bhp090808

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Does this tool leave the older kernel on the phone or does it flash the stock kernel back on once complete? I only see the one kernel in the zip file so I'm curious.

Thanks

It flashes original kernel back. It is in there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

bhp090808

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Been a couple years since I was an Android user so...

Why would one want to flash back to the original kernel after rooting?

Because if you stay on the prerelease kernel it will cause problems. Verizon patched the release kernel so that djrbliss's motochopper exploit wont work on it. You have to flash leaked prerelease kernel to root then flash back. After rooting is complete you can install recovery and flash away

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

cgrass87

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
so trying to unlock the bootloader now and confused, i am rooted and on cwm so how do get loki on...any help twitter @ cgrass87

Last edited by a moderator: