Hey guys so I just got my S4 last night after I got home from work around 12PM, and I decided to root. I was using MotoChopper which worked perfectually. Everything ran through with no problem and rebooted right back up too. However, when I click on the SU app to check my root access it tells me " The superuser binary (su) must be updated. "Please choose an installation method. Recovery mode installation is recommended for all HTC devices." So I go and click install and now its telling me; There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer. Can someone help me ASAP on this? Thanks Guys!!
    05-31-2013 08:39 AM
    Which carrier are you with?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-31-2013 03:55 PM
    Verizon.
    05-31-2013 11:03 PM
    Are you trying to use the recovery method? I think that only works if you have a custom recovery installed, which you probably don't.
    06-01-2013 08:12 AM
    no I am not. Could you provide me the links? Sorry I havent had a Android in years so rooting is all new to me again
    06-01-2013 08:14 AM
    no I am not. Could you provide me the links? Sorry I havent had a Android in years so rooting is all new to me again
    Also I am on a Macbook pro
    06-01-2013 08:17 AM
    I don't think you can install a custom recovery on a Verizon GS4 yet, or if so, it's fairly recent. But I don't think you need one to update SuperSU binaries.

My GS4 is rooted, and when I first opened SuperSU, I was prompted to update binaries, and was offered two methods. I can't remember exactly, and can't seem to find a way to REupdate binaries to check, but the two ways were something like "regular" and "through recovery", with a suggestion that recovery would work better on HTC phones. Given that this *wasn't* an HTC phone, I chose the other method, and it worked ok. I don't have a custom recovery installed at this time.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but that's all I remember.
    06-01-2013 10:29 AM
    Well I flashed my Kernal now I'm on 423399. But when I go and use motochopper I get this; Deamon not running. Starting it now on port 5037. Deacon started successfully* and all I get Street that is just a bar right under neath. What do I do to make it work? I work part a photo but I don't know how yet on my Samsung Galaxy S4 lol
    06-01-2013 12:13 PM
    Deamon*
    06-01-2013 12:14 PM
    And yes I have to update binaries. I tried both potions but they both won't work for me
    06-01-2013 12:30 PM
    The bit about "Daemon not running" is normal. Can't quite understand what you're seeing after that; your sentence didn't quite parse for me.

There's a good video here which shows the process happening in great detail. I watched it before I rooted, and everything was exactly as shown in the video when I did it. Maybe watching it will help you?

And come to thing of it, now I'm really confused. Are you starting from scratch? You shouldn't even HAVE SuperSU before you run motochopper.
    06-01-2013 03:31 PM
    The bit about "Daemon not running" is normal. Can't quite understand what you're seeing after that; your sentence didn't quite parse for me.

There's a good video here which shows the process happening in great detail. I watched it before I rooted, and everything was exactly as shown in the video when I did it. Maybe watching it will help you?

And come to thing of it, now I'm really confused. Are you starting from scratch? You shouldn't even HAVE SuperSU before you run motochopper.
    Well I got the root working.. Now I want to install roms. I haven't done this in years and so much have changed... what tutorials are good to follow?
    06-01-2013 03:50 PM
    Well I got the root working.. Now I want to install roms. I haven't done this in years and so much have changed... what tutorials are good to follow?
    As of yet i don't believe there are any custom ROMs avalable.
    06-06-2013 09:28 AM
    okay... thanks!
    06-06-2013 02:11 PM
    As of yet i don't believe there are any custom ROMs avalable.
    There are tons of roms over on xda

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-21-2013 04:48 PM
    hi there, im having the same issue as your first post, i enables usb debugging, installed drivers for my S4, used Motochopper on Windows 8, everything went fine, then I located superuser and said i need to install it but I got the same errors as you. Can you explain to me how you got it working please, much appreciated, thanks
    10-10-2013 02:32 PM
    Hey guys so I just got my S4 last night after I got home from work around 12PM, and I decided to root. I was using MotoChopper which worked perfectually. Everything ran through with no problem and rebooted right back up too. However, when I click on the SU app to check my root access it tells me " The superuser binary (su) must be updated. "Please choose an installation method. Recovery mode installation is recommended for all HTC devices." So I go and click install and now its telling me; There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer. Can someone help me ASAP on this? Thanks Guys!!
    hi there, im having the same issue as you, i enabled usb debugging, installed drivers for my S4 on my PC, used Motochopper on Windows 8, everything went fine, then I located superuser on my S4 and said i need to install it but I got the same errors as you. Can you explain to me how you got it working please, much appreciated, thanks
    10-10-2013 02:34 PM
    Please, how can i root my Samsung galaxy s4 (model SHV-E330S), thank you and please save you god!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-10-2013 10:11 PM
  19. Gervis Lonsson Montero Sanchez's Avatar
    I have the same problem but with my Galaxy S3 GT I9300 V: 4.1.2 on Mac, And I've installed the SU but said the same thing, How can i fix it ?
    10-18-2013 10:35 PM
    hey guys same problem here.. rooted but no root access.. pls help.. samsung s4 mini
    11-22-2013 04:28 AM
    how did you fix the problem. I am having the same problem
    02-22-2014 11:28 PM
    how did you fix the problem. I am having the same problem
    12-23-2015 02:39 PM
    Its simple.. google "auto root file" for your desire samsung. Download "oddin". Take ur phn to download mode by pressing(home+volume down+power) keys at the sam time.. and flash auto root file as "ap" in oddin.. u are rooted.
    12-23-2015 02:44 PM
    Only by installing SU you dont get root prevelges. U hav to install iroot or kingo root to root ur device...
    12-23-2015 02:47 PM