Will it be possible, once the Google Edition S4 is out, to turn a standard AT&T S4 into a Google Edition S4? Could this be done in such a way as to end up with an unrooted phone, so apps that care about rooted phones will still run?

I'm pretty new to Android. I rooted my phone shortly after getting it, but then unrooted it when I found that many apps refused to run while rooted.

I'd basically like to be able to clone a Google Edition phone onto mine, without having to spend $600 to actually buy a Google Edition phone. Any advice or information would be appreciated, thanks.
    06-05-2013 10:44 PM
    It is possible that Samsung could release the stock Android build for the Galaxy S4 in such a way that will allow users to choose it over the TouchWiz interface. HTC has alluded to doing this with the HTC One when the Google Edition of their phone is released. Nothing is currently certain though.
    06-06-2013 06:33 AM
    what apps are not running because of root? I have never had an app not run because I have root, it is usually the opposite. And CM10.1 should eventually have a stable build which will be pretty much identical to the google ed s4. They currently have a nightly build out which you get updates every day, it just is not stable, but most important things seem to work for me. I also have the VZW S4 so I'm not 100 percent sure about at&t edition.
    06-09-2013 02:22 PM
    I've only ever had one app not run because of root and that was the Time Warner Cable TV app. Of course, it really depends on what apps you use.

Imagine the only apps that would refuse to run are those developed by large companies that serve some sort of media, like music or TV.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-09-2013 10:10 PM