I have a Samsung S4 (Sprint) and I successfully rooted it using the CWM process. I have the MDL version so I had to go through the specific process to root via MDL.

Other than that, it's pretty much stock.

What I'm running into, is when I go to encrypt the device, it has me set the complex password then reboots to encrypt and sits at 0% for hours. I'm able to reboot it easily using the power button. Then it boots back up just fine. It seems like it's having some type of problem performing the encryption. FWIW, I was able to encrypt my external SD card without a hitch. But I really want to have the whole device encrypted.

Any ideas? I am pretty sure I've been able to encrypt previous phones after rooting. I know it can possibly cause issues in flashing to other ROM's etc, but I thought a simple root shouldn't interfere with encryption.

I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joshua
    06-11-2013 09:23 PM
    same here (???)

by my Samsung S3 LTE black edition.

06-13-2013 08:09 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Tmobile and same exact problem. I'm running Wicked ROM fully rooted.

This is all because my company is forcing me to encrypt my phone to get email on the device. I pay for it and am not happy about it, especially if this encryption bricked my phone I will make my company buy me a new one.
    10-24-2013 04:41 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Tmobile and same exact problem. I'm running Wicked ROM fully rooted.

This is all because my company is forcing me to encrypt my phone to get email on the device. I pay for it and am not happy about it, especially if this encryption bricked my phone I will make my company buy me a new one.
    Use Touchdown.
    Touchdown creates a sandbox, conforms to all Exchange policies.
    $19.99.
    10-24-2013 10:16 PM