Does rooting fix phone lag?

benhaw

May 15, 2013
Visit site
For those who noticed lag on your stock s4 and who have rooted your phone, did the lag situation change at all? Everyone seems to blame touch whiz so it would seem to me if you ran a custom ROM that would fix the problem. Let me know if you have any insight.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Rooting in itself will not resolve the lag situation. What you can do once rooted is install custom ROMs, which are enhanced TW iterations or based on AOSP, like Cyanogenmod, and have no TW.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No it won't. Generally unless you know specifically what you are doing, it will actually slow it down.

There's two kinds of routers. Users and developers. Users just root to use the features that developers make available, and they often times (not always) know very little about the root process or what root exactly means.

Developers root for the specific purpose of developing. It's far easier to test/develop apps on a device if it is rooted. That way you have full access to the device, and can do exactly what you want.

I would recommend if you do want to root, to educate yourself on the rights and responsibilities you have when you root your phone. Also you should learn exactly what it is and what it does.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12