Unrooting Problem

Timothy Farrell

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey whats up guys I dropped my S4 and cracked the screen so Asurion sent me a new S4 but I was rooted so i needed to unroot. Which I did. After I unrooted I went into TWRP recovery and wiped everything. It told me I need to update something that required a root to be installed. Anyway, im stuck in the Samsuns Galaxy S4 screen. I can boot into download mode but thats it. If i send them the phone like that with no root, superuser, and I am pretty sure TWRP is uninstalled since I can't access it can they still tell if I was rooted? Also if they can how can I fix it? Please can someone help me out ASAP...

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Did you try using Odin? That program has saved some of my Samsung devices in the past.

QBKing77 has a video on how to unroot/unbrick the S4 here.

Timothy Farrell

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Well it doesn't work Ford Verizon :/. When I could Hey into my phone before I successfully had no root access anymore. But I had the TWRP recovery I thought I deleted it so now when I try to get into the recovery screen is won't boot into it. If I send my phone back to asurin, could they tell if I had root access or not?

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Will this work if I rooted my phone then did the Sprint update which left root but took away all my access? I'm a major noob when it comes to root and am really scared I'm gonna seriously mess up my phone.

justein

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Try using Odin if you can find the Verizon stock firmware file. Use triangle away while still rooted if you've installed any custom ROMs. Also, some warranty places will accept the phone if it was not broken because of root.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
In all my knowledge Verizon,att etc cover warranty that I would worry about returning a rooted phone to but assurion is accidental insurance and is not affected by root unless they can say rooting broke your screen **** you should have dropped it in the river and told them that they'll still replace it I had lost phones and got replacements I don't think you should worry

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power