Hi,

i had to do i factory reset on my phone and i got all my apps back but i dont seem to be root it anymore... what can i do ... do i need to re root again ?

Update
    i open titanium back and it said that i was not rooted

Update

i reset the phone and looks root it.. (in the animation the lock its open) ... but i dont have root acess with the apps. and SU its gone too
    07-03-2013 08:39 AM
    Yes re-root again, it's easy.

Next time, once your rooted, you can use the custom recovery to take a backup of your Stock rom. And you can factory reset inside the custom recovery, while keeping root.
    That is the beauty of root, once you have it you can setup everything in case something goes wrong.

**download a root checker app, and then download super su or another superuser app from the playstore. It will ask for root access if you have it.
    OSCSA79 likes this.
    07-03-2013 08:47 AM
    can you explain more about the custome recovery and how does it work?
    07-03-2013 08:50 AM
    A custom recovery replaces your factory one ( which you never see because it doesn't have a whole lot of use).

The two mainstream recoveries are called Clockworkmod a.k.a CWM, and TeamWinRecoveryProject a.k.a. TWRP. I prefer TWRP as it has a nicer interface and is touch driven. There is CWM touch aswell but I stick with TWRP.

These enable you to flash ROMs, kernels, etc.
    They also enable you to backup your stock rom (or any rom for that matter) to be restored if you don't like a setup you have or if something goes wrong.

Typically you obtain root by using the desktop utility called Odin, in which you flash a recovery there, and from there flash a superuser or root.zip in the custom recovery.

To be honest, you should be reading up on a lot of this stuff before even attempting to root/mod your phone. This should lay the ground works for you to do that.
    OSCSA79 likes this.
    07-03-2013 09:44 AM
    Yes re-root again, it's easy.

Next time, once your rooted, you can use the custom recovery to take a backup of your Stock rom. And you can factory reset inside the custom recovery, while keeping root.
    That is the beauty of root, once you have it you can setup everything in case something goes wrong.

**download a root checker app, and then download super su or another superuser app from the playstore. It will ask for root access if you have it.
    A custom recovery replaces your factory one ( which you never see because it doesn't have a whole lot of use).

The two mainstream recoveries are called Clockworkmod a.k.a CWM, and TeamWinRecoveryProject a.k.a. TWRP. I prefer TWRP as it has a nicer interface and is touch driven. There is CWM touch aswell but I stick with TWRP.

They also enable you to backup your stock rom (or any rom for that matter) to be restored if you don't like a setup you have or if something goes wrong.

Typically you obtain root by using the desktop utility called Odin, in which you flash a recovery there, and from there flash a superuser or root.zip in the custom recovery.

To be honest, you should be reading up on a lot of this stuff before even attempting to root/mod your phone. This should lay the ground works for you to do that.
    This is all good info, but one thing to point out...if you do a factory reset, either with the stock recovery or custom recovery, you will lose root unless you're running a ROM with root baked in (which 99% have). In other words, if you're still running stock and do a factory reset, you will lose root.
    07-03-2013 03:41 PM

The thing about the s4 is that you can root it without installing a custom recovery and I keep asking around about this because I like team win but I don't know how to install it on the s4...

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-05-2013 08:50 AM
    The thing about the s4 is that you can root it without installing a custom recovery and I keep asking around about this because I like team win but I don't know how to install it on the s4...

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    I think motochopper is the method you are looking for

motochopper root info

Once you have root, you can download goomanager from the Play store, and install TWRP from there. It will be device specific and it's under 'install open recovery'.

Otherwise, you will have to use Odin, flash CWM in odin, and get a TWRP .zip file on your external sd. Reboot to CWM and flash the TWRP .zip in there. Reboot and you will have TWRP.
    I am not sure if there is an odin flashable TWRP, but it will allow you to flash TWRP from there as well just like you would CWM.
    07-08-2013 10:53 AM