Hi there,

Firstly I should say I'm new to Android and rooting so if I'm doing something stupid then I apologise!

I have a i9505 on Vodafone and was drawn to rooting it in order to use Multi Window Manager to get more apps to work in split view, but since looking into that there are al sorts of other possibilities that make me want to do it too (like debloating and getting Google Music to store files on the SD card).

So......I rooted the S4 using CF-Auto-Root and all seemed to be well. Root Checker showed I have root access, and Multi Window Manager worked fine. Then a few minutes later when trying to do something else (like using ROM Toolbox) I'd get a warning saying I didn't have root access. Re-checking Root Checker revealed that, sure enough, I was no longer rooted.

I have tried repeating the CF-Auto-Root process and the exact same thing happened. On a positive note, the apps I added to Split View have all stayed so that's good.

Any thoughts, advice or help very gratefully received!

Thanks,

L
    07-07-2013 05:13 AM
    Actually I'm not sure how but I think I fixed it. I had "Superuser" on the phone from a previous root attempt using motochopper (before I realised it didn't work on the i9505). Getting rid of that and then repeating the whole process seems to have sorted it.
    07-07-2013 10:38 AM
    Actually I'm not sure how but I think I fixed it. I had "Superuser" on the phone from a previous root attempt using motochopper (before I realised it didn't work on the i9505). Getting rid of that and then repeating the whole process seems to have sorted it.
    That was your problem. SuperSU works well. There may be versions of the other app which also work but I think it best to use the su app tested by the exploit developer (e.g., it makes it easier to get support).

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-10-2013 09:59 PM