okay so this is wat I'm up against .

I rooted my GS4 a few days ago and everything has gone fine , I have not installed any custom roms (still running stock) but I do have twrp recovery installed . now of course when I try to get the OTA update I get the "your device has been modified software updates are not available" (I'm guessing this is because of the twrp recovery) . . now my question is is there a way to get the update without unrooting or having to reinstall stock recovery (so I can keep twrp recovery) since I still have the stock rom on my phone ?

any help would be appreciated , thanks yall .

Posted via Android Central App
    07-18-2013 04:55 AM
    Which s4 do you have?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-19-2013 04:32 PM
    okay so this is wat I'm up against .

I rooted my GS4 a few days ago and everything has gone fine , I have not installed any custom roms (still running stock) but I do have twrp recovery installed . now of course when I try to get the OTA update I get the "your device has been modified software updates are not available" (I'm guessing this is because of the twrp recovery) . . now my question is is there a way to get the update without unrooting or having to reinstall stock recovery (so I can keep twrp recovery) since I still have the stock rom on my phone ?

any help would be appreciated , thanks yall .

Posted via Android Central App
    This is not because of TWRP... its because your device is rooted... With the rooted device u won't be able to have ota updates.. U gonna have to manually download the firmware and flash it... Even Kies won't let u update...

Sent from my GT-I9300 (Hassan Khalid Malik) using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2013 08:38 PM
    In some instances (not yours obviously) it'll let you download the update and install it, and you will lose root.. DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ROOT
    07-19-2013 10:00 PM