Non-Verizon Sim?

Scott Upton

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I really need to get rid of the "This Sim card is from an Unknown source" error on my Verizon Galaxy S4. I am abroad, and Verizon lied to me about the phone being unlocked for use with an international SIM card, so I rooted it and I am trying to unlock it myself. I installed CWM and I have SuperSU installed, but I don't know how to actually unlock the device, and to get rid of the stupid "Non verizon sim" message so that I can use my phone while I am abroad. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Scott,
this can be fixed--but it'll include a computer (pref Windows) and some time with ADB. nothing intense. here's an XDA thread with the necessary information:
in a nutshell, you'll be editing the system build prop to enable showing a hidden menu on the phone; from this menu you'll be able to disable the SIM message. this menu used to be accessible via key-codes, but Verizon/Samsung worked to remove some of the accessible features within the menu that would be visible without some digging.

*NOTE--you must be ROOTED & on a STOCK TOUCHWIZ ROM for this to work.