I am reading another forum on manually installing the "Wifi tether for root users" app to my S4.
    The OP is saying "And I use Private Internet Access App to keep Tmobile from seeing im using hotspot".

So whats the point of "Wifi Tether for root users" if Tmobile can still see it? My phone can already be used as a hotspot just fine(I have straight talk so im not charged anything extra, however if I use the phone for 1gb or more for hotspotting they will call and threaten to cut off my service)

Just trying to get a straight answer here. Frusterated.. I just want to hotspot and hide it from my service provider.
    07-25-2013 12:33 PM
    Rooting your phone doesn't hide the data you use no matter how you use the data, you have access to the data you have allocated on you plan any extra you use you need to pay for

Posted via Android Central App
    07-28-2013 10:11 AM
    As far as I'm aware you can only hide tethering with a USB connection - that is, if you're using an app. You can always get a browser addon called User Agent Switcher, or similar, to disguise tethering and fool any snooping operator into thinking your internet activity is done on your Android mobile and not on a bigger machine, that works over wifi. But you can't hide completely.
    07-28-2013 05:06 PM
    "GigaOm adds that Verizon also won't be able to charge customers on its tiered data plans the $20 a month tethering fee, though it can charge those customers who are still on its unlimited data plans." - See more at: Verizon Fined $1.25 Million for Blocking Android Tethering Apps - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

You should have no fear of doing this
    07-28-2013 06:26 PM
    The app does hide the fact u have the option on even If you didn't sign up but the carrier can still get wise when they see u are using 5gb a day on a 3g phone per say.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    07-28-2013 07:21 PM