Hi,

Again, I apologize for being such a noob. I;m coming up to speed on rooting and ROMs, and basebands, and everything is different by carrier so there is a lot to wade through coming from the iPhone jailbreaking scene.

I have an AT&T S4 with the baseband ending in MF3. From what I have read, this baseband is locked and therefore can't be rooted. It appears that over in XDA, they are working feverishly to unlock it so that it can be rooted: R&D: Lets get this bootloader unlocked. - Page 18 - xda-developers

Do I have all of that correct?

If so, I can't currently root my phone but I should keep an eye over there on XDA because when it can be rooted, that will be the place to go.

Yes?
    07-28-2013 06:08 AM
    Hi,

Again, I apologize for being such a noob. I;m coming up to speed on rooting and ROMs, and basebands, and everything is different by carrier so there is a lot to wade through coming from the iPhone jailbreaking scene.

I have an AT&T S4 with the baseband ending in MF3. From what I have read, this baseband is locked and therefore can't be rooted. It appears that over in XDA, they are working feverishly to unlock it so that it can be rooted: R&D: Lets get this bootloader unlocked. - Page 18 - xda-developers

Do I have all of that correct?

If so, I can't currently root my phone but I should keep an eye over there on XDA because when it can be rooted, that will be the place to go.

Yes?
    Some of your terminology is incorrect, but you are right. Not the baseband, but the bootloader is locked, making rooting near impossible. You will have to wait for someone on XDA to figure out how to get around it, and then root.
    07-28-2013 09:06 AM