Best rom for galaxy s4 lte version

Bill Wang1

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
hi, I Iive in Australia and purchased my Galaxy s4 outright. I have used my phone for about a month and I really like it. However, I have discovered that the rom that came with my phone is somewhat restricted. To give you a few examples, the camera shutter sound can never be silenced (not sure if its a law or something in australia) so every time I take a photo it would make a sound, even if the phone is on silent. Also, the dock icons are locked so the phone, contacts, messaging, internet icons can not be moved at my convenience. Some other annoyances are that every time I turn up the volume above 70%, the phone keep displaying a message about hearing lost, I can't hold an icon to move it, I always have to click the menu button then edit to manage apps and pages. My friend on the other hand, bought his s4 from a grey market ( imported overseas) and his one doesn't have the restrictions mine does. My question is, to all the s4 users who don't have the restricted I just mentioned, can you tell me what country you purchased your phone and the rom it uses. Perhaps then I can flash the rom from that particular country onto my phone to get rid of these restrictions. BTW, this is the first android phone I have used and my first time on this forum, so excuse me for being a newbie at this.

thunderclap

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've tried three ROM's so far: CleanROM, Hyperdrive and now Jelly 'Beans' ROM. CleanROM was good, but the developer has ceased work on the project for the foreseeable future due to person obligations. While I was happy with it, I wanted a ROM that I knew would be supported with updates as new Android versions were released. The only hiccup I had with this ROM was group messaging, though that could have been due to not using the stock messaging app. With the other two ROM's I've mentioned the stock app works fine.

Hyperdrive is a very popular one, and a lot of people swear by it, but I experienced problems. Certain apps wouldn't send push notifications, my Keyboard app would stop working forcing me to reboot, etc. It was a fast ROM but not as stable as I had hoped.

I just installed Jelly 'Beans' ROM so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. So far it seems fast and stable, and haven't experienced any problems. I'll have to reserve judgement until I have a few more days with it, but so far I'm happy.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The dock issue and icon issue you can solve by installing a different launcher. I recommend Buzz launcher it's free, lightweight and great customizing features I prefer it over nova, Apex and the others.
If you turn you volume down before going into camera it may silence the shutter noise, it does on mine.
The volume warning may be bypassed by setting your music player to keep all songs at equal volume. There's a setting in the stock player that achieves this and it's helped some people.

Posted via TriForced Sprint GS4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance