[AT&T] Unroot help

Imalazypup

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Yet another noob requiring assistance...

I rooted my phone using Motochopper, but I would like to unroot. Unfortunately it is not exactly clear as to whether my phone is actually rooted - Superuser installed during the root process, but other indicators show that my phone is not rooted. Not sure what to do at this point (worried about bricking of course). I have found the proper tutorials on how to unroot and download the stock firmware, but I cannot proceed because of the issue above.

I'll do my best to be clear and concise.

Goal: Unroot with having my binary counter at 0

History:
- Rooted phone using Motochopper
- Appeared to root successfully as far as I can tell
- Decided I do not want to delve into the flash ROM world
- Installed Triangleaway, which is when I discovered that Superuser cannot gain root access
- Superuser Binary Updater failed when trying to gain root access
- Rootchecker shows no root access

Phone:
Model: SGH-I337
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: I337UCUAMF3
Build Number: JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3
Device Status: Custom

Thank you advance for anyone who tries to give me some clarity

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You're on MF3 so you could not root using Motochopper...should have been pretty obvious by now!

I'm not exactly sure with MF3 but uninstall Superuser and see if that fixed it. If not, you might have to factory reset/wipe your device.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You're on MF3 so you could not root using Motochopper...should have been pretty obvious by now!

I'm not exactly sure with MF3 but uninstall Superuser and see if that fixed it. If not, you might have to factory reset/wipe your device.

I think he has the same issue I had. I also rooted using Motochopper but then took the OTA update and lost root but still had the superuser app. I used the new root method that you posted and I'm rooted again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss