[Verizon] Galaxy S4 VRUAME7 Rooting (noob here)

JoeMan77

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I wanted to know if it is possible to root an updated:
Galaxy S4
Model: SCH-I545
Android version: 4.2.2
BaseBand Version: VRUAME7
Kernal Version: 3.4.0-690088

I am new to rooting and would like to remove all bloatware off my phone. Any advice or help would be appreciated, sorry in advance for my ignorance. I did try to comb through the forums prior to posting to find the answer. If it already exists please point me to it and i will read it.

Thank You!

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There is a root method for ME7.. But, as I understand it, the bootloader is still locked.
So, if you're rooting just to freeze or uninstall system apps, you're in luck. But if you're aiming to load a custom recovery and flash ROMs, we're still waiting.

JoeMan77

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am looking simply to uninstall apps that I do not want on my phone. Thank you for the quick reply. Would you happen to know where I would be able to find the info on this? Thanks in advance.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Here is the guide for root for VRUAME7 basebands, found on XDA developers. It doesn't really mention it in the guide, but this will not unlock the bootloader so you won't be able to flash CWM or some other custom recovery.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This brings about a good question, what is the typical list of bloatware people are removing. Once removed do we actually gain back those few MB of space or are they locked away with in a cache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke