need some advice from the wise ones...

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
well i got my galaxy s4 att 16gb. i would like to have google wallet on my phone.. and in general tired of junk apps

my question is should i root my device and flash roms or wait until 4.3 comes out for att then decide to root. i have rooted and flash many of roms to my gs3 but never even attempted it on this new phone

ok if i do decide to root what is the easiest way, i remember on my gs3 i downloaded a couple of files that i kept on my pc and it was very simple and i also had about 2 roms that i liked on my sd card. but after reading the sticky i am having second thoughts.

whats the best rom, i read some that were google edition but wasnt stable, dont want that

my goals are...
google wallet as i like showing my phone off to iphone users
great camera features for some reason i go back to touch wiz just for the camera
and i want to keep the watch on app as i use that all the time.

any thoughts [ROM] [ROM][JB 4.2.2/4.3][GOOGLE EDITION][BEATS,CLEAR AUDIO] Pure Android 2.0 [JULY 7TH] - xda-developers downloading rom files if i decide to root

guys/girls thanks for the advice, i am quite happy but i really hate the junk apps,

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone in the first week of august so It has it

so I am stuck with stock until there is a work around for mf3
I am not going to root the phone might wait until the next update or until I can get all the files needed for my phone (root file, stock rom, several roms that I can keep on the sd card)

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Edition ROM for Galaxy S4! | GalaxyS4Root.com

its for att also and it comes with root already in the download file. I think if I downloaded the file then I can download other roms.
I got the loki doki downloaded already I will download the root file.

What are the chances of this working it says if I get boot loop *If you end up in a bootloop, you can try rebooting into recovery, go to Mounts & Storage, format /system and format /data, and re-install ROM, and reboot. (Only if you end up in a bootloop after installing.)* copied from the website

and can I get google wallet to work on this phone

here is the file name Download GalaxyS4/GT-i9505/roms/GooglePlayEdition/I9505_-_Google_Edition_v6_by_Jamal2367.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

but it says its for all carriers. And would this come with a recovery. So I can back up my old rom to my sd card.

Please let me know if this will work I am downloading file right now while I have wifi

Last edited:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Google Play Edition ROM for Galaxy S4! | GalaxyS4Root.com

its for att also and it comes with root already in the download file. I think if I downloaded the file then I can download other roms.
I got the loki doki downloaded already I will download the root file.

What are the chances of this working it says if I get boot loop *If you end up in a bootloop, you can try rebooting into recovery, go to Mounts & Storage, format /system and format /data, and re-install ROM, and reboot. (Only if you end up in a bootloop after installing.)* copied from the website

and can I get google wallet to work on this phone

here is the file name Download GalaxyS4/GT-i9505/roms/GooglePlayEdition/I9505_-_Google_Edition_v6_by_Jamal2367.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

but it says its for all carriers. And would this come with a recovery. So I can back up my old rom to my sd card.

Please let me know if this will work I am downloading file right now while I have wifi

Did you read the thread I linked above? You don't seem to know what you're doing and appear to be on the verge of turning your $650 phone into an un-repairable paperweight.

There is absolutely no way possible to install a custom recovery or custom ROM on your phone if you took the MF3 OTA update. You can only root. If you do root, you cannot unroot and if you do something stupid and break your phone, there is very little chance that you will be able to fix it for the foreseeable future.

Also, never use that website again. All the info you need/want is right on XDA. Anything else is probably outdated/stupid/not applicable to your situation. You need to read, read, read, research research, research, before you do something you will regret. I highly suggest you read the thread I posted above, read the guides in it, and get a real understanding of how this all works...and once again, if you are on MF3, you should NOT try to install custom recovery or ROMs as it will not work and will probably brick your phone.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I read the link posted but I am just asking as we would be no where with out questions I really hate getting my phone I miss having all the cool roms (insert word of choice) samsung and really ticks me off. This phone to me is a paper weight. If att can drop isis that 0 star rated app and get on with google wallet. I would be thrilled
I know that I have mf3 on my build. But I am not stupid enough to break my phone. I have looked on xda till my eyes were blood shot and still no luck I really hope they come out with roms for this build (insert word of choice) man I miss my gs3 dont get me wrong I love the slightly bigger screen, better camera and watch on, but the crap ware everybody loves so much slows this beast down. (I had the bat temp up to 102 which is nothing. I made a call on one bar. Ended it screen froze on the call screen, then my home screen with the green status bar. Then I get the call ended tone. Never even lagged that bad on my gs3 stock and rooted

If att will do 2 things for me I will be thrilled might faint. The only reason I want to have custom roms is to have more features but really google wallet and no crap ware. I mean I dont even use any att apps expect vm viewer

sorry for the rant I was hoping to get around that dang mf3 build should have got a google edition maybe it wouldnt have the crappy unused apps but I didnt have the $$ but I guess I will put up with.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
well i got my galaxy s4 att 16gb. i would like to have google wallet on my phone.. and in general tired of junk apps

my question is should i root my device and flash roms or wait until 4.3 comes out for att then decide to root. i have rooted and flash many of roms to my gs3 but never even attempted it on this new phone

ok if i do decide to root what is the easiest way, i remember on my gs3 i downloaded a couple of files that i kept on my pc and it was very simple and i also had about 2 roms that i liked on my sd card. but after reading the sticky i am having second thoughts.

whats the best rom, i read some that were google edition but wasnt stable, dont want that

my goals are...
google wallet as i like showing my phone off to iphone users
great camera features for some reason i go back to touch wiz just for the camera
and i want to keep the watch on app as i use that all the time.

any thoughts [ROM] [ROM][JB 4.2.2/4.3][GOOGLE EDITION][BEATS,CLEAR AUDIO] Pure Android 2.0 [JULY 7TH] - xda-developers downloading rom files if i decide to root

guys/girls thanks for the advice, i am quite happy but i really hate the junk apps,

I think this should work. Haven't tested it on an S4... http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You'll have to be patient, I'm sure people are working on solutions. In the meantime keep reading xda for your device, read everything so you'll be up to speed and prepared for when a workaround becomes available. In the process you'll probably encounter other tips and tricks to make your phone more enjoyable. I know you may feel left out but there are a ton of other users with the same carrier and device in the same situation you can bounce ideas and info off of.
Blindly messing with your device without being 100% secure in what you're doing is a good way to get you in a worse situation.
I read xda for my phone for 3 months straight before rooting, still read it everyday.
There are still many things you can do to stock to enjoy it.
Are you using different launchers? Disabling apps you don't use? Modifying Google and location services?

Posted via Android Central App

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I read the link posted but I am just asking as we would be no where with out questions I really hate getting my phone I miss having all the cool roms (insert word of choice) samsung and really ticks me off. This phone to me is a paper weight. If att can drop isis that 0 star rated app and get on with google wallet. I would be thrilled
I know that I have mf3 on my build. But I am not stupid enough to break my phone. I have looked on xda till my eyes were blood shot and still no luck I really hope they come out with roms for this build (insert word of choice) man I miss my gs3 dont get me wrong I love the slightly bigger screen, better camera and watch on, but the crap ware everybody loves so much slows this beast down. (I had the bat temp up to 102 which is nothing. I made a call on one bar. Ended it screen froze on the call screen, then my home screen with the green status bar. Then I get the call ended tone. Never even lagged that bad on my gs3 stock and rooted

If att will do 2 things for me I will be thrilled might faint. The only reason I want to have custom roms is to have more features but really google wallet and no crap ware. I mean I dont even use any att apps expect vm viewer

sorry for the rant I was hoping to get around that dang mf3 build should have got a google edition maybe it wouldnt have the crappy unused apps but I didnt have the $$ but I guess I will put up with.

Maybe you can sell your phone and use the money to buy another S4 that's on the older firmware? I'm planning on selling mine next month when the Galaxy Note 3 comes out and am actually hoping I will be able to get a premium because my phone has not received the MF3 OTA update and I can still flash custom ROMs at will!

There are plenty of things you can do to improve your phone without rooting, as mentioned above. Nova Launcher is a way better launcher than the stock Touchwiz...and you can still disable apps that you don't use. You can replace some of the slower/clunkier Touchwiz apps with faster/better ones from the Play Store as well.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ya I will try nova launcher I messed with some different ones but really didnt catch my eye.

I am waiting I am not smart. Enough to figure out how to even get around the mf3. Selling my phone isn't an option since this is my only one.
I have have been reading xda and here every 2 days but I will wait.

Question why is it that we have to root just to delete the stock apps we should be allowed to delete the apps that we dont use.

but I came from an iPhone so overall its better at least I can hide the unused apps

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The launchers are for you to design whatever home screens will catch your eye. Check out Mycolorspace for examples of what can be done not being rooted, or if you use Buzz Launcher check out the Homepack link in the settings and even download someone else's Homescreen.
As for not being able to delete stock apps, I'm sure samsung inked deals with those other products to include them in exchange for money's. You can at least disable a bunch for the time being.

Posted via Android Central App

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So what does deoxed mean? I know what deboated means no carrier apps

any luck of a recovery for mf3.

No recovery for MF3.

The answers are there waiting for you. Click the link in my signature and read it. The first guide I have in that post answers questions like "What is deodex?"

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I downloaded some launchers I like them all so I just switch them up
apex my fav
go launcher
adw.

I will have to look at that so far I been on xda every 2 days kinda wish I had my gs3 but my cuz sold it to get a gs4 ok I got a app that makes me want to root my phone Install Incompatible Apps with Market Helper - AndroidPIT

all I want is Google wallet but will it work un rooted if a new update comes out I kinda know the answer but never hurts to get another opinion

Last edited:

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I GOT IT, I GOT IT
THE ANSWER TO UNLOCKING THE BOOT LOADER.
YOU GO INTO RECOVERY GO TO WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET AND RESTART SYSTEM NOW. Its so freaking simple it dont work

not really this is what the lady told me via att chat.
Then people do not know she had a co worker do it I asked her if it was for the latest update was going to find out but dropped service and chat session was ended. If this is correct but I doubt it why havent people figured it out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy