I recently tired to root my s4 using the motochopper method. I soon realized when i opened superuser that it did not root especially when i used rootchecker to see if it had been rooted. Through more research I realized that there are no roms for MF3 or custom recovery yet. My question is what do I do know that I have superuser on my phone? Or what would I do when MF3 is ready to be rooted correctly? thanks for the help
    08-18-2013 08:55 PM
    I recently tired to root my s4 using the motochopper method. I soon realized when i opened superuser that it did not root especially when i used rootchecker to see if it had been rooted. Through more research I realized that there are no roms for MF3 or custom recovery yet. My question is what do I do know that I have superuser on my phone? Or what would I do when MF3 is ready to be rooted correctly? thanks for the help
    Read this:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-firmware.html

And if you don't read it, just know that you currently cannot unroot an MF3 device once you root it. It's an entirely different method. Motochopper does not work on MF3.
    08-18-2013 11:13 PM
    According to root checker from the google play store the device is not rooted. So am I good until the root comes out for mf3. I guess my question is, when the mf3 root comes will I be able to root my device.
    08-19-2013 01:01 AM
    According to root checker from the google play store the device is not rooted. So am I good until the root comes out for mf3. I guess my question is, when the mf3 root comes will I be able to root my device.
    MF3 root is already available...see my above post...the question is, should you root? It doesn't sound like you know all the ramifications...so please read my above linked thread!
    08-19-2013 11:46 PM