S4 root problem

jamesIsboss

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok so basically i rooted my phone, put google play edition on it. This was supposed to increase the amount of storage on the phone. When i went to check i know have 9.72 total GB and 2.2 GB Available(this is after the factory reset. Also the bar at the top showing apps and all that is all the way down with almost no data to show. I have looked for apps, photos, and data that could be that large. It is basically ghost data on my phone. HELP PLEASE!:'(

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well don't delete the backups just move them off your internal sdcard to your external card. They'll be in your twrp folder if you used twrp. Look in emulated/0. Not sure with clockworkmod but I'd check for a cwm folder.
Make sure you have a good nandroid and when you flash the next Rom wipe your internal too, just make sure you backed up/moved any notes, Sms, contacts, music ect first. After that you should get your whole 9ish gigs.
Back up. Back up back up first though!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok so basically i rooted my phone, put google play edition on it. This was supposed to increase the amount of storage on the phone. When i went to check i know have 9.72 total GB and 2.2 GB Available(this is after the factory reset. Also the bar at the top showing apps and all that is all the way down with almost no data to show. I have looked for apps, photos, and data that could be that large. It is basically ghost data on my phone. HELP PLEASE!:'(

That is not a method that will recovery any space for you.

The phone's internal storage has multiple partitions. One of the partitions is the system partition, and it reserves a set amount of space for the OS. When you install a new ROM there, it may be smaller, but that space is only gained on that partition. That partition is not usable for anything but the OS...so you didn't gain anything.

There is not really a safe way to change the partitions. I read that they are working on it but it's VERY dangerous and likely to brick your phone.