So I have been attempting to root my s4 using this guide:
    [GUIDE] Root for Verizon Galaxy S4 ***VRUAMDK Build Only!*** - xda-developers

problem is I am stuck on step 2 and cannot get the md2 kernel to flash to my phone. When I flash the md2 kernel with odin, there are no errors and it seems as if the md2 kernel flashed successfully. However, a quick look at my kernel version shows that I am still running mdk kernel. Without the md2 kernel I cannot proceed to the motochopper step. I don't know what else to do.
    09-03-2013 10:16 PM
    UPDATE: Tried to accept the OTA me7 software update from Verizon so I could maybe root following the me7 guide. However, the phone failed this update to lol. So its not something odin or kernel me2 related. There is something else wrong seeing as how my phone fails a Verizon OTA update to me7. Don't know what to do now... im trying to send this phone in for warranty to Verizon but I forgot to use triangle away before I flashed stock MDK. So ive been trying to root just so I can reset the hidden binary counter.

Anyone know what the problem is?
    09-04-2013 09:02 PM
    My only suggestion to you is download the stock MDK Odin flashable file and get back to full stock. Seeing the me7 update failed you shouldn't have a problem doing it. DO NOT use the "no wipe' version. It will be like when you first took it out of the box. I recommend trying once more to root using the motochopper method as once you accept the update you can't go back to MDK. Also as soon as you restore to stock, remove your Verizon card or the update will download the second the phone boots up.You can do everything on WiFi. Good luck! Maybe it will work for you this time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    09-05-2013 03:38 AM